The days are getting shorter – the nights longer. It is already getting dark before 19 o’clock. That is the time of the crooks. But they also do their mischief during the day, as the short report shows
“Some of our members were shopping at Lidl (between Moraira and Teulada) last week. They were taking their shopping back to their car when a very tall man, dressed in black and speaking Spanish, came up to them and started grabbing their bags and was very aggressive when they loaded their car. This man had an accomplice, from the back seat of the shoppers’ car he stole a tablet/computer while our members were busy with the tall man.
A lady who was concerned, had recognised the situation and sat down on her two bags to protect her goods. The incident was reported to the Guardia Civil in Javea.”
Christmas is approaching and the thieves in our area will be looking for any opportunity to rob you of your belongings.
The thieves are very smart and ruthless and will take every opportunity.
So be careful and keep your eyes open while shopping but also at home.
Make sure you know exactly to whom you are opening your front door and above all do not leave valuables visible from the outside in your car in order not to give an incentive.
The Spanish association of “Neigbour-Hood-Watch-The Vecinos Cooperando y Colaborando de España (“Neighbourhood Watch in Spain” /NHW) is an organisation that is also active on the Cumbre. At the moment the AVIB board is looking into how AVIB could enter into a cooperation with NHW for its members.
The aim of NHW is
– to alert all residents quickly to the occurrence of suspicious incidents
– To inform residents about different types of crime.
– To keep residents informed about fraud committed in Spain.
– To advise on how residents can protect their property and themselves.
– To improve the security of the community in general.
– Helping the security forces to detect crimes by promoting effective communication and the immediate reporting of suspicious and criminal activities.
More details can be found on the website www.nhw.org.es . There you can also subscribe to the newsletter or support the association.
Contact details Benitachell:
NHW Benitachell (Vecinos Cooperando)
Telephones. NHW 634 343 400